Monday, July 18, 2011

The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie: RHCP's New Single



So it's July 18th, and Red Hot Chili Pepper's new single hits radio waves. Going to listen to this, I was worried it'd end up like another incidence like "One Hot Minute" where they wouldn't sound like RHCP as we know it. If it did, i'd be very disappointed in one of my favorite bands of all time..

After I listened:
I was relieved it was still sounded like RHCP, but this single left me worried. Yes, it was a good song. It was solid. I listened to it about 5 times already at this point, but this was as mellow as some of their more recent b-sides. I'm worried the entire album is going to be mellow, when I want tracks like 'Around the World' or even 'By the Way' on the new album. I don't want to be disappointed in RHCP because I love them to death, but I'm deathly afraid I might be... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment